The Bodies of the Chamber are:
1. The Conference of Notaries is the supreme body of the Chamber, consisting of notaries listed in the list of notaries. The other Chamber's bodies get elected by the Conference of Notaries. The Conference of Notaries is summoned by the Chamber's Presidium usually once a year but at least once in three years. The validity of a decision adopted by the Conference of Notaries needs to be passed by the absolute majority of the present notaries.
The scope of the Conference of Notaries comprises especially the following:
- election and withdrawal of members of the Chamber's Presidium and members of its other bodies;
- approval of the Rules of organisation, Electoral Rules and Disciplinary Rules;
- cancellation and change of the Presidium's decisions;
- approval of the annual membership fee of the notaries for the Chamber's activities;
- creation of purpose-bound funds, approval of the rules for their creation and principles of use; approval of the compensation for the lost-time when exercising functions in the Chamber's bodies;
- discussion and approval of the report on the activities of the Chamber's other bodies;
- determination of the number of employees of the Chamber and their salaries;
- issuance of comments on the draft of legal regulations pertaining to notarial activities;
- resolution on further issues reserved by the chamber
2. The Chamber's Presidium has 11 members and runs the activities of the Chamber. Sessions of the Chamber's Presidium are summoned by the chamber's president usually once a month, but at least once in three months. A membership in the Presidium of the Chamber is incompatible with a membership in other commissions of the Chamber.
The scope of the Chamber's Presidium comprises especially the following:
- election and withdrawal of the president and vice-president of the Chamber from among its members;
- representation of the Chamber towards the ministries and other central civil-service authorities, institutions, legal and physical (natural) and it is as well as on the international scene;
- issuance of comments and opinions on the drafts of legal regulations pertaining to the status or activities of notaries;
- representation, protection and assertion of the interests of notaries;
- reporting to the Minister (where stipulated so by this Act);
- organisation of contests, maintenance of the list of notaries, candidates, law clerks and the performance of their registrations;
- approval of examination rules of notary exams;
- supervision of the activities of notaries, their representatives and substitute notaries;
- mediation in disputes between notaries;
- disposal of Chamber's assets;
- conclusion and discontinuation of employment relationships with the Chamber's employees;
- determination of the security amount to be paid according to the section (§)12 subsec. 1 letter c) of the Notary Rules,
- further activities in compliance with the act,
- election and withdrawal of the chamber's president and vice-president
The President of the Chamber represents the Chamber outwardly and act on its behalf in all issues.
3. The Revision Commission has five members. The commission supervises the management of the Chamber and reports the results to the Conference of Notaries, the Revision Commission further comments the Chamber's budget and approved the Chamber's closing account.
4. The Disciplinary Commission has five members. The commission members elect the chairman of the Disciplinary Commission from among their ranks. The proceeding and decision making of the Disciplinary Commission is regulated by the Chamber in the Disciplinary Rules.
5. The Educational Commission has five members. Members of the Educational Commission elect the chairman of the Educational Commission from among their ranks. The Educational Commission organises specialised education of the notaries, candidates, law clerk and it ensures also the Chamber's publication, studying, documentation and information activities and notary exams according to the Examination Rules.
The electoral term of the members of the Chamber's bodies is three years. The functions in the Chamber's bodies are voluntary and the notaries are entitled only to a compensation for the lost time as well as a reimbursement of their cash-expenses, which are not paid from public funds, but only from the self-administration of the notaries.
President of the Chamber:
- JUDr. Miroslav Duriš, PhD.
Vice-president of the Chamber:
Members of the Chamber's Presidium:
- JUDr. Miroslav Pavlovič, JUDr. Rudolf Durdík, JUDr. Viera Kupcová, JUDr. Ivan Lošonský, PhD., JUDr. Magdaléna Valušová, JUDr. Ľubomír Ondov, JUDr. Eva Pršebice, JUDr. Ľubomír Spodniak and JUDr. Soňa Böhmová
Chair-woman of the Revision Commission:
Revision Commission - members:
- JUDr. Milena Gešková, JUDr. Anna Nagyová, JUDr. Mária Cintavá and Mgr. Peter Danczi
Chairman of the Disciplinary Commission:
Disciplinary Commission - members:
- JUDr. Darina Breznoščáková, JUDr. Ivan Macák, JUDr. Magdaléna Čížová and JUDr. Janka Plachá
Chair-woman of the Educational Commission:
Educational Commission - members:
- JUDr. Ludmila Joanidisová, JUDr. Martina Mižíková, JUDr. Oľga Folbová and JUDr. Miriam Breznoščáková
As advisory bodies of the Chamber's presidium, the following task groups were set up: The Analytical Group, the Legislative Group and the International Group.